Tuesday 3 December 2013

Potential Music Magazine Titles


I have been thinking about what to name my music magaizne. I concluded to seven final ideas, and am going to ask a survey to people in my target audience of what they most prefer. I have tried to conclude to the seven most appropriate names, that are preferably music related, so that people can make a easily relation.

My Genre: House/Dance


Vibe - Vibe can be used with a lot of genres as you can get all sorts of vibes from different genres of music.

Free - Free can be used with a breakthrough magazine. Free can be associated with a new up comping genre that has just broken 'free' and found a gap in the market.

Volume - Volume is appropriate for all genre's of music as you obviously increase and decrease volume to all types of music, yet it could be most associated to music that is loud and bold oppose to classical.

Replay - The word 'replay' is strongly associated with CD's and music, replay can be used appropriately with all genres yet can work well with hip-hop/pop genre.

Voice - Voice can be appropriate for several genres. It can fit to rap, as most rap's are created using voice however it can also fit pop songs are they are orientated around the lyrics of a song.

Play - Play can be associated with any genre, as you have to 'play' and stop a song when listening to it. |it could probably be most related to dj, or mixing music but is still suitable for a wide range.


Octave - Octave is easily relateable to music as it is a common used term throughout all genres of music. It could be used with all genres yet would probably most suit a more respective genre oppose to rap etc.

Sync - Sync easily links in with my genre of house/dance as sync can be associated with dj's and syncing music. It fits with pop music and meets my target audience of mainstream.

5 comments:

  1. I think that the best titles out of these are Volume and Sync because they fit the genre of music that you want to do, and they are original. They are both musically related words and I think they would appeal to your young target audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voice and Vibe are my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite names are Vibe and Sync!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sync is my favourite because as you said it links in well with the idea of dj's and syncing music.

    ReplyDelete