Friday 24 January 2014

Contents Page Construction

Contents Page Construction

First I created a plan of how I wanted my contents page to look. I did this so I could tell where I wanted to place photos, where I wanted to put my content, and where I wanted to place my title and dates.



After creating my flat plan, I could then start my construction. I started with the basic layout, keeping in mind I needed to ensure I always kept the layout to three columns. I used the line toll, text tool, and inserted images, to ensure that my contents page looked as professional as possible.

As you can tell along the construction process I decided to change and alter my design and layout of the contents page. This is how and what decisions I made and why I made them.


After I had finished my construction, I received some crucial feedback. From the response I received, I decided to change a few elements. Firstly I changed my insert image in the left column. I did this so that my audience could see more content from inside my magazine, oppose to pictures of the same artist. I also decided to change the size and where my page numbers were situated. I changed the 06 to being black and right top hand corner of the image. I also changed the 32 to being smaller and situated in the right bottom had corner. I wanted to keep all my page numbers the same size and colour to allow continuity of my house style, however this was the best decision, increasing reader comfortability and visibility. The page numbers are now a lot more clearer to read, yet still jump out to catch the readers attention.

My Final Contents Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment