Wednesday 1 January 2014

Potential title name devloping

After looking over all of the feedback from my potential title names, I discovered that the favourite four were: Vibe, Play, Voice, and Sync. Before I settled with either one of these three, I wanted to ensure I had researched into each one to make sure I was completely happy with my choice. I thought the best way to investigate more, was to look for synonyms of each word to see if there were any alternatives I really liked.

Vibe:



From the selection I was given for Vibe, there were only a few that I actually liked. Firstly I was drawn to rage. I liked rage a lot, I felt it was strong and eye-catching and very easy to remember, however after thinking very carefully I concluded that it does not fit with my magazine or the genre I am focusing my magazine at, so I decided to discard this name. I also thought that drive was a very strong name, but again after thinking it through it does not really connect to music, making it hard to find a link between my magazine and the name. Also the last two I really liked were sensation and tremor. However again after consideration neither were suitable for my magazine. Therefore after being unsuccessful with vibe, I moved onto my next word.

Voice:





Next I looked into synonyms for voice. There were only two words that I thought stood out for me. The first one being tone. I really like tone and i concluded it links really well with my magazine, linking with sound and singing (tone in voice.) The second that sticks out is shout. I really like shout for a potential name as it links well, with my magazine and the music industry, however I feel that it might not specifically link with my chosen genre.

Play:



From the selection of words I was provided for play, I realised that most were related with having fun, not musically like I had hoped. My use of the word play, is related to play, pause and stop of controlling music, therefore none of the words above were ideally appropriate for my magazine. Despite this I still liked the idea and concept that my title could be double interpreted, and thought to be fun and enjoyable as well.

Sync:




Lastly from the selection of the words provided for sync, none were particularly eye-catching. None of the words are ideally the theme I was going for. I believe that if I had to pick one of the words, I would pick synchronize. This is the most related and and can have several meaning for my magazine, however despite this the title has 11 characters, which I believe if way too long for a magazine title.

No comments:

Post a Comment