Thursday 2 January 2014

Final Magazine Name

After all consideration I finally needed to decide on what I wanted to name my magazine. I started with 8 potential names of Vibe, Free, Volume, Replay, Voice, Play, Octave and Sync. I then asked 37 people what they preferred as the best name and what they think would best suit my magazine knowing my genre of dance music. 




From my results I can see that the top 5 names were Vibe, Volume, Play, Voice, Sync. I then decided to develop these 5 options either further and used the thesaurus to see syonmmons to see if I could find any alternatives. I decided not to look into alternatives for volume as they were not appropriate or worth considering.


From my further research none of the supplied alternatives were really appropriate, (see in previous post) or what I thought to better than my selection already. Therefore instead of changing the words I decided to play with graphical elements. I started with changing the 'a' in Play to a play symbol, changing the 'e' in volume to a speaker and making the whole of 'sync' uppercase.





After I then asked people what they preferred out of my three final options. The feedback I received was very controversial. Some people preferred play, due to its graphical elements, where as others preferred the others for their uniqueness and individuality.



From the feedback I received the most positive came from Play, however after i trialled the names against possible front page photos in photoshop, I realised that Sync was in fact the most visually pleasing, therefore I have concluded to SYNC as my final magazine name.

No comments:

Post a Comment