Sunday 12 January 2014

Target Audience Response


I wanted to receive my own primary research for my target audience, so I created a questionnaire I was going to ask 20 people, that I could receive more of an accurate judgement on my target audience. I will conclude all the results and take the mode from all my answers. I will still keep in mind all answers but i will go with the mode and average.

Questionnaire:

Results:


From my results I now have a more detailed idea of what my target audience are interested in. I can clearly indicate that my main age bracket to aim my magazine at are 16-19 years old. However there are still a little bit of interested in 13-15 years old and 19-22 years old. Therefore the age group i will be aiming at is 15-20. I also can prove that all of my target audience listen to dance music, which means i have a picked the correct genre to aim at my target audience. I can also tell that most of my target audience do not use tumblr, or Facebook, however sites like twitter, Instagram, Youtube and soundcloud are very popularly used. I can also tell that my target audience group take a it of care in what they wear as the most popular shops that my target audience shop in are Topshop/Topman, RiverIsland and Bank. All of these shops are very popular fashion brands, showing that my target audience like to keep on trend with their appearance. I can also see that 80% of my target audience like to shop online, proving that they use technology a lot, which is a key detail to keep in mind when creating my magazine. My target audience favourite artist at the moment appears to be Chase and Status. This proves that they are more interested in electronic artists now and starting to move on from people like David Guetta and Calvin Harris. I can also see that from my feedback, they love gong to concerts and festivals and many of them wish to attend Creamfields and Ultra festival. I will keep this in mind when creating  my magazine, so I can relate my content around this. My target audience watch on average around 1-3 hours of watching television and 10-30 minutes reading newspapers and magazines a day, proving that they do like to spend a little time relaxing but also spend a lot of their time out, seeing friends, going to parties, and listening to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment